We travel to gather distinctive and momentous experience. One of the experience sources you can consider is visiting a museum. It can be part of your traveling highlight, thus, in today’s post, we will have a peek at 6 Best museums in the world for your future travel reference.
1) Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, the Netherlands – This Dutch museum is solely dedicated to history and arts of the country. It exhibits 8,000 objects of art and history. From its overall collection of 1 million objects since the year 1200 to 2000. Some of the most well-known masterpieces are by Frans Hals, Rembrandt, and Johannes Vermeer.
2) The Uffizi Gallery, Florence, Italy – Being one of the famous and ancient art museums of the Western world, this museum holds the world’s deluxe collection of the Renaissance era paintings. You can see all the famous and significant Italian artists being displayed here.
3) Le Louvre, Paris, France – This place used to be a medieval fortress but it was transformed into a museum two centuries ago. Its significant trademark is the museum’s exterior which is worldly known due to the pyramid in the main entrance. It was added in 1989. Displaying many collections which are vitally important in the history of the world but the most famous one is without any doubt, Leonardo da Vinci’s mesmerizing portrait; Mona Lisa.
4) The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) – It is located in Midtown Manhattan in New York City. This museum is often identified as the most dominant museum of modern art in today’s generation. It debatably contains the best collection of modern masterpieces world-wide which include Monet’s Water Lilies, Picasso’s Les Demoiselles d’Avignon, and van Gogh’s Starry Night. Not only is that, in addition to the artwork, one of the main lures of MoMA is the building’s unique and catchy design itself. A maze of glass walkways allows art viewing from many different angles. Back in 2004 a $425 million face-lift by Yoshio Taniguchi increased the exhibition space of the museum by up to 50%.
5) State Hermitage, St. Petersburg, Russia – If you are into art and culture. This museum is for you and of course, it is one of the best museums in the world. Opened since 1852, it was founded by Catherine the Great back in 1764. It possesses more than three million items which include the largest collection of paintings in the world. The collections inhabit a large complex of six historic buildings along Palace Embankment, including the Winter Palace which was a previous residence of Russian emperors.
6) Museum of Qin Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Xi’an, China – The Museum of Qin Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses have become landmarks on all visitors’ itinerary. It was opened to the public on China’s National Day – Oct. 1st, 1979. Life size terracotta figures of warriors and horses arranged in battle formations are the star features at the museum. These figures are models of what the older imperial guards look like in those days of pomp and vigor. The museum covers an area of 16,300 square meters, divided into three sections: No. 1 Pit, No. 2 Pit, and No.3 Pit. Unique, different, full of historical values, this museum is worth a visit.
When you visit a museum, always ask yourself, what is it that you are seeking for? Some might think visiting a museum can be mundane, but, honestly, there are many ways to keep yourself entertained with a wide range of museums out there in the world. Sure enough, at any museum you visit, there is bound to be something that sparks your interest and enlivens the visit for you. So, for your next trip, don’t forget to drop by to any museum, and if you happen to be in any of the country listed above, check Tripfez’s list of 6 best museums in the world!