We’re not kidding. It’s for real! There are plenty of great and cheap halal buffets in KL under RM100. So what are you waiting for? Scroll down, pick the ones you like and get on with your bookings.
1) Restoran Rebung Chef Ismail
- The variety of options available here is what attracts loyal and new customers to dine in. Some of the buffet choices are the infamous classical Malay dishes like ikan patin, masak tempoyak, asam pedas, beef rendang, curry mee and a lot more.
- Once done with the main dishes, you can wrap your buffet up with a refreshing ABC, durian pulut, pengat pisang, and other varieties of Malay traditional kuih.
- If you are having a buffet dinner, then be ready to be served BBQ chicken wings, lamb chops and scrumptious chicken satay!
Opening Hours: Daily (Lunch 12PM-3PM, Dinner 7PM-3PM)
Price: Lunch at RM40++ and Dinner at RM50++
📍 Address: 5-2, Aras 5, Parkir Bertingkat Bukit Aman Kuala Lumpur
2) The Ganga Café
- Are you a vegetarian? If the answer is yes (and even if you are not), this café is for you! Here, folds and folds of “Chapatti” await during Sunday lunch. The well-known dishes served in this restaurant are the “pakora” and “khandvi”.
- They go splendidly with a diverse range of curries and vegetable dishes for your taste buds. With only RM16/RM25, this vegetarian halal buffet comes with a free flow of the aromatic masala tea and coffee!
Opening Hours: Sunday 10.00am to 3.00pm
📍 Address: 19, Lorong Kurau, Taman Bukit Pantai, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3) Nook Café
- The Nook Café is well known for its buffet spread and it is proven to give you the best value for your money.
- Famously known for its international buffet, you can expect a variety of cuisines here.
- Among their signature dishes are the “Wagyu Rendang” and the “Sarawak Laksa”. Aside from that, they also serve fresh seafood, rotisserie and a display of Chinese, Western, Indian and Malay delicacies.
Opening Hours: Daily. Breakfast (6.30AM-10.30AM), Lunch (12PM-2.30PM)
Price: Breakfast (RM58), Lunch (RM68)
📍 Address: No. 5, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4) Dim Sum Buffet at Meisan Restaurant
- Looking for something affordable and authentic with a palatable taste of Szechuan dim sum? The Meisan Restaurant’s buffet is the talk of the town!
- Their options of dim sum include Chicken Char Siew Pau, Salted Egg Yolk Bun (a must have!), Siu Mai, Shrimp Dumpling, Chicken Feet and more.
- Also serve other dishes like porridge, fried rice and additional fresh fruits as well as assortments of cakes.
- Certified Halal by Jakim, this is the ultimate halal dim sum buffet paradise for fellow Muslims out there!
Opening Hours: Daily from 9.00am to 3.00pm
Price: RM48 nett
📍 Address: Jalan Raja Laut, Chow Kit, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- A fan of shabu-shabu? Almost everyone enjoys eating this unique Japanese style of dining.
- Suki-Ya serves a sukiyaki and shabu-shabu buffet where diners can pick two choices of soup bases such as: Sukiyaki, Miso, Shabu Shabu or Kimuchi.
- At the end of your shabu-shabu experience, enjoy their aromatic green tea or help yourself with rejuvenating chocolate soft serve ice cream!
- We vote Suki-Ya as the best halal Japanese buffet in KL!
Opening Hours: Daily (Lunch 11.30AM-5PM, Dinner 5PM-10PM)
Price: Lunch (RM31.90), Dinner (RM39.80). *Weeked cost an additional RM2)
📍 Locations: https://www.suki-ya.com
6) Melting Pot Café
- Although it is only available on weekends, that doesn’t make this place any less interesting.
- Here, people usually queue up to try the signature “Mee Mamak”, Hainanese chicken rice as well as a whole mix of the local and international picks.
Opening Hours: Weekends from 12.30pm to 4.00pm
📍 Address: 2, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
7) Al-Amar Lebanese Restaurant
- Seeking for something unique? Why not go Lebanese at Al-Amar for a weekend with your loved ones.
- You can start your meal with healthy salads such as fattoush, tabbouleh and couscous, and end it with traditional sweet treats like baklava and mafroukeh.
- The course choices vary each week, thus, the buffet they serve will definitely be a surprise for each of your visits!
Opening Hours: Every Sunday from 12.00noon to 4.00pm.
📍 Address: Lot 6.10, Level 6, Pavilion KL, 168, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
8) Tai Zi Heen
- Situated in the magnificent 5-star Pullman Hotel, the Tai Zi Heen is a classic Chinese restaurant that offers eaters an ala-carte buffet with Cantonese cuisine as well as an a-la-carte dim sum buffet.
- All the dishes here are fresh and made to order, thus, quality is never compromised. For the Cantonese buffet, you will definitely be spoiled for many options from traditional to contemporary.
Mon-Fri (12PM-2.30PM, 6.30PM-10.30PM)
Sat-Sun, Public Holiday (11.30AM-2.30PM, 6.30PM-10.30PM)
📍 Address: 4, Jalan Conlay, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9) The Spread, Gardens Hotel KL
- Located a little out of town but not too far away from the heart of KL, The Spread at Gardens Hotel is an impeccable pick for those who desire a new ambience without having to drive out too far.
- Situated just next to Mid Valley Megamall and The Gardens Mall, this restaurant provides an all-day buffet that is hard to resist. One of their specialities falls on a Friday night when they have their weekly BBQ fests!
Opening Hours & Price:
Breakfast, 6.00am to 10.30am (RM55)
Lunch, 12.00pm to 2.30pm (RM85)
Friday, BBQ Dinner from 6.30pm to 10.30pm (RM55)
Sunday (Hi-Tea), 12.00pm to 4.00pm (RM75)
📍 Address: Lingkaran Syed Putra, Mid Valley City, 58000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
10) Retro Cafe, Vivatel Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- We found a perfect weekend afternoon high tea place to indulge yourself – Retro Cafe that offers a great High-Tea package with both Asian and Western desserts. Expect to taste and smell the freshly baked bread, pastries and local specialities straight out of the oven!
- Located in four-star Vivatel Kuala Lumpur just minutes from the city centre, Retro cafe also offers a special 5 + 1 promotion for bigger groups. Sounds like a perfect weekend activity to us!
Opening Hours: Saturdays and Sundays from 12.30pm to 4.00pm
📍 Address: 85, Jalan Loke Yew, 55200 Kuala Lumpur
To fellow KL-lites and travellers alike, we are pretty sure you will be excited to try these yummy halal buffets in KL at such affordable price. Go crazy on the weekends (and even weekdays) and don’t forget to share your dining experience with us! Let us know if we missed some awesome spots! What’s the cheapest buffet in KL? Share with us!
P.S.: If you like articles like this then you must check out this awesome list of halal buffets in Penang.
*All information stated in this post is subjected to changes.