Whether you’re a child or an adult, the words “theme park” always trigger a sense of excitement, wonder and fun. Osaka is one of Japan’s most visited tourist attractions, and if you’re ever in town, there’s no missing Universal Studios Japan!
Being one of the biggest theme parks in Asia, there’s no doubt that planning your way around can be overwhelming. To save you a little time and stress, we’ve compiled 5 of our must-visit attractions in USJ. Buckle up and get ready, ‘coz it’s going to be a wild ride!
1. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- A life-sized magical experience that reproduces the world from the Harry Potter series on a phenomenal scale. You won’t believe the attention to detail!
- Cast real-life spells with your very own wand that you can get at Hogsmeade, the perfect Instagram opportunity!
- Fly through the 4D A Forbidden Journey and Flight of The Hippogriff rides to immerse yourself in the story and catch a couple of squeals along the way.
- Drink butterbeer with your best mates! This delicious butterscotch beverage can be enjoyed warm or cold, and is non-alcoholic, making it suitable for people of all ages and walks of life.
Since this bit of USJ is ULTRA-popular, we recommend getting a timed ticket to guarantee you’ll get a slot during the day to enter.
2. Minion Park
- Can’t get enough of these yellow cuties? Explore the wonders of Minion Park where everything is cute, small, yellow and littered with these adorable critters
- Get your hands on some delightfully unique banana popcorn, the perfect snack to knock back the hunger
- Make your way to the Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, a colourful, thrilling dome-screened adventure with a story that warms your heart and plunges you straight into the world of the Minions!
3. The Amazing Spiderman
- Always wanted to be part of the Spidey-verse? Make your way to New York where you can see your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman in a 4K 3D simulation that’ll blow your mind!
- Get your spidey-senses tingling as you zoom around the city with features from fan favourites including the Green Goblin, Electro and other cool characters.
4. Amity Village
- See the biggest shark you’ll ever get the chance to take a picture with!
- Home to the Jaws ride where a gigantic, man-eating shark appears! Be prepared to get wet as you go through the motions. Will you be able to escape the shark attack and get to safety?
5. Jurassic Park
- Be transported back in time and see the amazing creatures from Jurassic Park! Great for taking pictures with little ones and reliving the adventure.
- Take a 25.8m exhilarating drop in the Jurassic Park ride, or get your own Pteranodon and fly above the skies with the Flying Dinosaur ride. Enjoy the view up there!
You’ll be spending at least the entire day in Universal Studios Japan, and there are so many fun rides and attractions to be experienced while you’re there! Here are a couple tips to ensure you get the most out of your day:
- Buy your tickets in advance and get there an hour early as queues to your favourite rides may be quite long.
- Get a Universal Express Pass if you can if you don’t want to wait for the queues. This can also ensure that you will be able to get the most out of your day.
- Try to plan your trip to USJ on a weekday instead of a weekend to avoid the hectic crowds.
- Their operation hours vary depending on the month and season, so be sure to check on their official site before you go.
- Make sure you bring water, some snacks and a power bank so you can stay hydrated, beat the munchies and take as many selfies as you like while keeping yourself connected all day!
Get ready to have fun! Check out our amazing Japan holiday packages on our website! With Tripfez, #ManaManaTripPunBest!