The Maldives is a dream beach destination: clear waters, beautiful blue skies, warm sunshine and white sands, it’s no wonder that the Maldives is on the travel bucket lists of many! This tiny country is made up of little paradise islands that are breathtaking, making your travels here an experience you’ll never forget. Here are our top 6 activities of things you can do to really experience the Maldives at its best!
- Live your mermaid dreams and discover beautifully pristine reefs without going super deep!
- Get yourself a local guide to show you the best spots to see sea turtles, colourful fishes and enjoy what Mother Nature has to offer, all without needing a driving license
- Looking for more of a deep-sea adventure? The Maldives has some of the clearest deep water the ocean has to offer. Tank up and get ready to dive down!
- Get your PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) with qualified divers who can train and certify you, right there in the Maldives.
- Maldivian resorts usually come equipped with spas ready to pamper and relax you. Treat yourself, after all, you’re on vacation!
- Take your pick from massages, reflexology treatments, or even a facial, perfect for that holiday glow.
- Maldivians love their tuna, and your dinner can be just as fresh and satisfying as theirs!
- Make some local friends and go fishing with (fair warning, they may use spears for a more traditional method), or arrange and book a fishing expedition through the resort you’re staying at.
- The Maldives is known all over the globe as a world-class surfing destination.
- The Cinnamon Dhonveli attracts top surfers from around the world.
- Be prepared for the gnarliest waves that are great for pros looking to perfect their technique.
- If surfing isn’t your jam and you’re looking for a chiller, easier water sport, try paddleboarding instead.
- Most of the islands are surrounded by calm, shallow waters that gently ebb and flow with the surrounding tides.
- Paddle safely along the bays with water so clear you could even see fish swimming under your feet!
Whatever the reason behind you visiting the Maldives; be it for a honeymoon or just for the beauty of this heaven on Earth, you will definitely not run out of activities to do while you are here. With so much nature awaits, it is definitely the perfect place to be to de-stress.