Greece is an amazing destination infused with ancient mythology and modern vibrancy. If you like archaeology, history, art, philosophy and culture, you won’t want to miss visiting this country at least once in your lifetime. Made up of gorgeous islands surrounded by crystal clear blue seas, Greece is a melting pot of different experiences and landscapes. If you’re planning a trip there, here are 6 of our must-visit destinations in Greece to help!
- Known as the diamond of Aegean, thousands are drawn to the beauty of this picturesque island every year, especially during the warmer months.
- With volcanic beaches, whitewashed houses, turquoise waters and beautiful villages, Santorini is like no other and will definitely steal your heart!
- Very few cities in the world can boast the kind of history Athens has. It’s where democracy was born and has been credited as the founder of Western civilization. Now, Athens stands as a vibrant city that’s a must-see in Greece.
- Soak in Greek culture and history at spectacular sites like the Parthenon and the Temple of Zeus.
- Check out the Plaka district too! It’s located just below the Acropolis and you’ll be able to find pretty cobbled streets, handicraft stores and yummy eateries.
- This is where the Olympic Games all started! Located in the Valley of the Gods remnants of the ancient stadium and training grounds can still be seen.
- Olympia also has some of the best-preserved monuments and temples in all of Greece that was dedicated to the great gods of old such as Zeus and Hera.
- One of the most unique places in Greece and Europe as a whole, Meteora is home to spectacular Orthodox churches.
- These monasteries are perched precariously on the tips of stone cliffs, a place where people live in the sky and worship God with a passion that’s untouched and unwithered by time.
- Delphi is another one for the history lovers! Situated on the slopes of Mount Parnassus, this was the religion of the ancient world that drew both commoners and kings to hear the words of the Oracle.
- Transport yourself back to a time and try to imagine the majesty of the sight of kings bowing before the Temple of Apollo. Delphi is a must-see if you’re ever in Greece!
- Known for its beautiful beaches, coastline and seaside villages, Skyros is steeped in tradition and is still relatively untouched by time, making it the perfect idyllic getaway.
- If you make it to the beach, keep an eye out for the amazing wild horses of the island. Skyrian horses have roamed millennia but have unfortunately dwindled in numbers over the years. Getting to see one could be a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Want to discover Muslim friendly holiday package in Greece? Visit www.tripfez.com