There’s no disputing the truth: Malaysia is HOT! What better way to cool off than exploring some of the coolest waterparks around? Family-friendly and always a good time, having fun at the water park is a great way to spend the day, especially during the school holiday. Here are some of our favourite waterparks in Malaysia for an amazing day out, plus a couple honourable mentions!
Lost World of Tambun, Ipoh
- Surrounded by beautiful greenery, this resort-cum-park has six distinct areas of unlimited fun!
- The waterpark has tube rides, wave pools, and even hot springs, perfect for families of all ages
Fee: Adult – RM 95, Children and Senior – RM88
A Famosa Water World, Melaka
- Believed to be the biggest theme park in Malaysia, you’ll get the best of both worlds with thrilling water rides and a relaxing white sandy beach.
- Explore beyond the water park and find yourself in the A Famosa Safari Wonderland just a short distance away!
Fee: Adult – Adult – RM32, Children RM26
Sunway Lagoon Theme Park, Selangor
- Malaysia’s First Nickelodeon themed water park! Catch your favorite characters while you take a dive into the fun rides all around the park.
- The water park area has a wave pool, surf beach, and a multitude of rides. Make syre you check out the Vuvuzela, a huge radial ride you’ll never forget.
Fee: Adult – RM120, Children and Senior – RM96
Desaru Coast Adventure Park, Johor
- Desaru has the biggest wave pool in Southeast Asia, holding more than 4 million gallons of water and spanning over 3 acres.
- Check out the rides they have to offer, or float down the Penawar River, Malaysia’s longest lazy river that goes for 350 meters!
Fee: Adult – RM128, Children and Senior – RM96
Bukit Gambang Water Park
- If you like a little extra greenery, this park is built in a lush secondary jungle and gives the place a really chill tropical vibe.
- Spend a day with the family chilling with fun rides, the Aqua Play Zone and even a playground named the Penguin Island!
Fee: Adult: RM38, Children and Senior – RM28
Best Waterparks in Malaysia: Honourable Mentions
Bangi Wonderland Theme Park & Resort: 15 major thrilling rides, perfect for a full fun day!
Austin Heights Water & Adventure Park: Super fun and great for all ages!
Waterworld @ I-City: Check out the 7-story high funnel Tornado ride!