At the mention of the word ‘beach’, it is only natural that images of you gazing at the endless sea with sand beneath your feet and wind blowing on your face, and sipping iced tea while you sunbath.
As we love beaches, we have compiled the perfect list for all beach bummers out there. These beaches are the perfect answer for those seeking moments of relaxation and freedom out of the hustle and bustle of cities. Here are the Top 10 most stunning beaches in Southeast Asia.
1. Cebu Island, The Philippines
- Located in the Visayas region of the Philippines, Cebu consists of a beautiful, long, narrow island with upland areas offering stunning views of mountains and seas and 167 surrounding islets.
- There are high-end resorts in tourist areas such as in Malapascua, Badian and Camotes, but also more modest resorts in fishing villages such as Moalboal.
2. Similan Islands, Thailand
- Consisting of a group of 11 archipelagos located off Thailand’s west coast in the Andaman Sea, the Similan Islands are stunning islets protected by the Thai government.
- Under the crystal-clear waters of this marine nature reserve lies a paradise for divers and snorkelers.
- With warm weather all year, this is the perfect spot to see gorgeous corals, imposing boulders and beautiful tropical fish in a peaceful setting.
3. Perhentian Islands, Malaysia
- Located off the east coast of Malaysia, the Perhentian Islands are the most laid back range of islands to be found in the area. They are the perfect spot to relax, remain barefoot and listen to music while watching the sunset and sipping on a cocktail.
- The islands have hidden coves, beautiful sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters, perfect if you are looking for places to go diving and snorkeling in Malaysia.
4. Pom Pom Island, Malaysia
- Located in the Semporna Archipelago off the east coast of Malaysia, the stunning Pom Pom Island is a small and tranquil speck of land with no settlements besides sleepy resorts.
- Circling the island in the impressive turquoise waters are stunning coral reefs and a large number of fish species. It is not uncommon to encounter giant green and hawksbill marine turtles who use the island as a nesting site.
5. Mui Ne, Vietnam
- This idyllic stretch on Vietnam’s coast has everything you could want from relaxing retreats to exciting sports. Plus, don’t forget the amazing views.
6. Macleod Island, Myanmar
- Located in the Mergui Archipelago off Myanmar’s coast, Macleod Island remains mostly untouched, meaning it is serene and full of simple beauty.
- There is only one resort on the island, the Myanmar Andaman Resort, which is a simple and rustic eco-lodge.
- The Macleod Island is ideal for those seeking tranquillity in a natural paradise. The isolated island is home to pristine beaches, incredible diving spots and unspoiled nature.
7. Koh Rong, Cambodia
- Little development, unspoiled nature, rustic accommodation and a number of stunning white-sand beaches make up one of Asia’s most divine islands: Koh Rong.
- Located an hour away from Sihanoukville in Cambodia, there are no roads on the island, and limited lighting at night.
- Under starlit skies, it becomes possible to spot bioluminescent plankton in the sea. Stunning corals and exotic fish also surround the beautiful island.
8. Cát Bà Island, Vietnam
- Located in northern Vietnam, the stunning Cát Bà National Park is home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site: Ha Long Bay.
- Cát Bà Island is the largest island in the park, and the town itself is rather touristy, with many karaoke bars attracting Vietnamese weekenders.
- But take a little ride out of town, and find the many golden beaches, boat ride options, dense jungles and lush green mountains offering plenty of treks with incredible views of the famous karst scenery of Cát Bà National Park.
9. Komodo, Indonesia
- If you thought dragons didn’t exist, think again. Komodo National Park is home to the Komodo Dragon.
- Located between the islands of Flores and Sumbawa in eastern Indonesia, Komodo is a secluded and untamed Jurassic Park-like island part of the National Park.
- Besides being well known as the home to the giant lizard, Komodo is also known as a paradise for nature lovers, with numerous mountains to climb and amazing diving sites around the stunning coral reefs.
10. Palawan, The Philippines
- Palawan, an island in the Philippines home to lush green jungles and pristine beaches, attracts intrepid travellers and nature lovers. El Nido is known to have one of the prettiest seascapes worldwide.
- From limestone karst to crystal-clear waters to white-sand beaches, it has it all. Coron in Palawan is an excellent spot for wreck diving, as numerous Japanese warships were sunk in the area.
With hundreds of beautiful beaches and endless blue waters, there is a lot to be seen in the whole of Southeast Asia. With new beaches being discovered every year, there is always a new beach you can explore. Share with us your holiday experiences in the region and what you loved about the place.
We have amazing offer on holiday packages and check them out on our website www.tripfez.com! #manamantrippunbest