Everybody loves travelling, there’s no doubt about that! However, a drastic change in climate and environment can really wreak havoc on your skin. Whether you’re on a sunny beach vacation, or up in a snowy mountain, here are 5 tried and true skin care tips to keep your complexion looking its best no matter where you go!
1. Sun Attac, You Protec!
- Did you know that the sun is one of the biggest factors for premature ageing? It can also cause skin cancer! Even if it’s cloudy out, there’s still UVA and UVB rays that’ll hit your skin. Keep it all nice and shielded with a daily SPF formula (we recommend SPF 35 and above!) and be sure to apply this before you step out the door.
- If you’re going to be doing some heavy sports, be at the beach or under harsh sunny conditions, keep a bottle of sunscreen that’s SPF 50 and above close by. Reapply every 2 hours if you can for the best protection.
2. Stay Hydrated
- The best way to soothe redness and keep your skin healthy is to ensure it’s nice and hydrated. Keep a set of skincare products handy and use it twice daily to keep it in tip-top shape! We recommend looking for ingredients like hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, watermelon and other hydrating stuff when shopping for a good routine.
- Gulping down at least 2 litres of water a day will really help with keeping your skin looking great too!
3. Sheet Happens
- Sheet masks are the best way to ensure your skin gets as much nourishment as they can in just one step! These hydrating sheets are soaked with essences that contain ingredients to keep your skin feeling supple and plump, perfect for that holiday glow.
4. Keep Those Samples!
- Find yourself a hoarder of those little sample sachets? Bring them with you when you travel! They’re so much lighter than the full-sized bottles, plus you get to declutter your vanity and even try out something new you might like.
Tip: If you’re fresh out of sample sachets, try asking the counter at a beauty store next time you visit one. The sales assistants are usually more than happy to give you a couple to take home!
5. Beauty Sleep
- This may sound like a no brainer, but sleeping is important for repairing the skin and ensuring it looks and feels good. When we’re trying to pack as much as we can into a holiday, sometimes we can end up sacrificing too much sleep for the activities we have planned.
- While getting a full 8 hours may not be possible on holiday, make sure the sleep you get is undisturbed and full by bringing an eye mask and applying on a sleeping mask for your skin before you snooze.
Here are a couple extra beauty tips to be mindful of:
- Seal your toiletries and skincare in ziplock bags before packing to prevent spillage.
- Always pack some extra cotton pads and buds, you never know when you’re gonna need ‘em!
- Utilize contact lens containers to bring around small amounts of your products with you.
Ready for that vacation glow? We sure are! Looking to book your next trip? Check out www.tripfez.com to see our latest and hottest packages!